“We are a local and family run business. Our staff are not just employees, but our friends and neighbours. We have a duty and responsibility to make sure each of them make it home safe every day. We take that responsibility seriously.”
Safety is more important than inconvenience. There is always pressure to get the job done as quickly and as efficiently as possible. Our Safety policies and procedures aim to balance the demands of industry while maintaining a commitment to safe work practices. A strong safety culture is based on shared values that invite employees to speak out about hazards, feel compelled to stop work to prevent incidents and suggest new ways to work more safely.
When it comes to our products and designs often the driving force is improving efficiency in a particular application. This does not necessarily come at the expense of safety and in fact often we can improve functionality and safety and the same time. Taking a holistic approach to design and project management is what sets us apart. Our designs will be in accordance with CSA or any other certification sought during the planning process.
Antrim Five Essential Rules of Safety
- PPE – Wear appropriate PPE for the task
- Fitness for Work – Do not work while fatigued or impaired
- Safe Operation – No cell phones while driving, always obey the rules of the road and on all customer sites
- Suspended Loads – Always take the necessary precautions and follow all safe lift polices
- Speak Up – If you are unsure or untrained to do a task, always tell your supervisor